Sunday, August 25, 2013

Indisputably Great Films: Life of Pi

Every now and then I will write about a film I find indisputably great. They may not be my favorites, they may not be ones I'd watch again, but these are movies I've seen that I would never ever call bad.

Br1mmerbeller's Indisputably Great Films presents:


LIFE OF PI

Ang Lee's absolutely beautiful tale of Pi and the tiger Richard Parker in a boat surviving against all odds is one of the best films of 2012 undoubtedly. Winning four Oscars and nominated for eleven, the critics clearly agreed. I am truly hard pressed to find anything I could call bad about it. The direction is fantastic, the acting superb, the story very good, even with an ending I really enjoyed. And the visuals made my jaw nearly fall off. I find this film, though not a total favorite of mine, to be entirely beautiful and absolutely indisputably great.

The Breakdown
  • Story: 8.6/10
  • Performances: 8.8
  • Directing: 9.0
  • Visuals: 9.7
  • How Watching It Actually Felt: 9.0
My Rating: 9.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment